Join our Board of Directors...
We are looking for energetic and dedicated teachers to join our CCFLT Board of Directors. Elections are held every year at the Spring Conference for members who can fulfill a 3 year term of service. Some of the benefits of Board service include:
Registration for the fall and spring conferences
Connections and camaraderie with other educators from across the state
Mileage for travel
CDE re-licensure clock hours
CCFLT Advocacy Liaison for Colorado
There is an increasing need to advocate World Languages in the state of Colorado. This position would focus on such duties and responsibilities within the state as well as represent CCFLT at the Language Advocacy Day with the Joint National Committee for Language - National Council for Languages and International Studies (JNCL_NCLIS) in February of each Year.
Dates and Financial Requirements
This is a two year commitment (July 2021 - June 2023). The nominee will receive the opportunity to attend JNCL-NCLIS, expenses covered for the event and travel, as well as a $500 stipend. The CCFLT Board will determine if all obligations were executed to receive benefits for this position. The determination will take place January of the following year the position is received.
The nominee or self-nominee must be a CCFLT member and Colorado language professional who is actively working in the world languages profession for a minimum of 2 years. The nominee:
● Is active in the field of world languages;
● Exhibits energy, positivity, and a growth mindset when approaching a project or task;
● Is self-confident, a self-starter, and a self-motivator;
● Shows grit and perseverance when confronted with an obstacle, problem, or issue;
● Exhibits distinguished leadership and committed service to CCFLT and the world language profession;
● Is willing to carry out such obligations and represent CCFLT at the state, regional, and national levels;
● Is willing to organize “Colorado Language Advocacy Day” at the Colorado State Capitol; and
● Updates the CCFLT membership monthly by informing CCFLT of any advocacy initiatives to post on our website and in publications, and submit one article for the spring conference online program of active work in the state of Colorado.
Learn about the benefits of membership and how to join.
Celebrate the accomplishments, talents and contributions of world language teachers, students and friends.
Looking for a mentor/mentee?
Share your resources and ideas with our community!
share your expertise